Monday, June 2, 2008

Lionel & Lambert Could Beat Enzo Any Day

Damn straight. English automotive genius vs. Italian showboat = no competition. This Saturday I was reading the most recent issue of Automobile magazine and they had an article comparing the two cars. Now I could understand this from a racing viewpoint, them wanting to see which car is better, but when they start talking about interiors and looks it starts getting out of hand.

I personally believe that Ferrari's are nice cars, but I would never own one. I think they say "Look at me I'm rich, but I'm not as rich as some other people so I'm going to buy a super flashy obnoxious car to compensate." Meanwhile there are rich people who know that no gentleman would do such a thing and would buy an elegantly understated (in the realm of super-cars) Aston Martin or Bentley. Shame on you automobile magazine, you should be the guys setting the standard.

The Ferrari's exterior is flashy, but I must say I'm very partial to it, its so sleek. However the interior is just *cringe* so over the top, it has racing seats with an 80s-esque racing steering wheel, and all the seats have these pretentious holes in them.

Just ranting about how I dislike Ferrari's and how I much prefer English aesthetics.

PS. I consider Rolls-Royce's to be just like Ferrari's.

No comments: